Wednesday 30 March 2016

Woman saves abandoned newborn from gruesome dumpster death on Good Friday



On the day Christians commemorate Jesus’ death that saved sinners, a woman heroically saved a newly born baby from certain death by diving into a dumpster wearing her high heels and Easter dress after hearing faint cries that sounded like a baby.

“I don’t know where he came from, but I’m so glad that God sent me there to find that baby,” Paula Andrews told the Washington Post. “I just had this motherly instinct. I just think that God was just telling me something: Don’t stop. Keep digging. Find out [if this is a real baby]. Make sure,” she added.

Andrews, who works as a a maintenance supervisor at an apartment complex in Everett, Washington, had just tossed a bag of garbage into the complex’s compactor when she heard what sounded like muffled baby sounds.

Another woman told Andrews that it was likely just a child’s electronic baby doll. But something told Andrews to make sure.

“She must have gone through about 2 and a half feet of garbage — probably about 20 garbage bags — and discovers this brand new, newborn child there,” Andrews’ boyfriend, Jeff Meyers, told KING 5 News.

“She kind of jumped out of the garbage compactor, went to her knees crying and said, ‘I can’t believe it’s a real baby. I can’t believe somebody had done this,’” he said.
The baby boy was covered in blood and still had his umbilical cord attached.

“I was just totally shocked to find that it was a baby,” Andrews said.

Meyers said that had the baby not cried out when he did, Andrews would have pushed the compactor button and “we’d be out here for a much worse story.”

Andrews called 911 and police arrived to remove the baby from the dumpster where he was rushed to a nearby hospital and is reported to be in stable condition. Police are now searching for the child’s mother.

Meyers said that he and Andrews believe that the baby’s survival is nothing short of a miracle.

“We feel it’s a miracle,” he said. “It happened on Good Friday. I get emotional. I get emotional when I talk about it.”

Andrews hopes one day to be reunited with the baby.

“To find a baby in the dumpster who easily could have been compacted, he’s got some meaning in life. There’s some purpose for this baby,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment